Michelle Rosalyn Matthews
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Michelle Rosalyn Matthews

A forum for all of my friends and acquaintances to meet and discuss personal life, animation, gaming, and politics.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The New Super Mario Bros Wii Review!

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1The New Super Mario Bros Wii Review! Empty The New Super Mario Bros Wii Review! Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:49 am

Flammie

Flammie

The New Super Mario Bros Wii Review! 29871_new_super_mario_bros_wii-v2

This game is supposed to be the best retro-kicker on the wii-console so far, i have tried it out and i am so thrilled that it came out, it have elements from almost every past mario game there is, and you may notice a few differences between the DS version and the WII version, so get ready for Mario's NEWEST adventure yet!

Storyline
It's Princess Peach's birthday... (Again?) and they're all invited to the castle (Obviously only 4 of them there), and a mysterious cake is brought in to the chamber with pretty familiar possessions (For those who have seen the intro is not really that fooled), but obviously Bowser.Jr jumps out of the cake, along with 7 almost forgotten siblings wich Mario is VERY Familiar with, before they could do anything, Junior and the koopalings threw the cake over Peach and carried her over to their Doomship and escaped (This was actually a first!), Mario takes up the chase, followed by Luigi and Peachs two personal Bodyguards (Filler characters), and they all 4 are now running against time to save the poor princess before anything bad will happen... where are they taking her, and where is Bowser?

Gameplay
When you first approach the very familiar grassland, you have only one place to go, forward...
And through that you have to gain mushrooms, stars, flowers and even the newly introduced items like the Propeller Suit and the Penguin Suit, wich will give Mario and his friends some good powerups to defeat his foes and the pesky koopa kids, the game is similiar to the original New Super Mario Bros to the DS, but this time, it's a little different, several Big Coins are placed in a different locations, new stages are introduced, and Yoshi makes an appearance once again and this time, with his oldest voice from Super Mario World, can you master the items and stages like you did in the DS?

Multiplayer Mode
The multiplayer mode gives everyone from 2 to 4 people a chance to play simultaneous, wich makes the game highly interactive, when everyone is diving for the items, tossing each other off the cliffs to make room, jumping on each other to get all the coins, crowding to stand a chance of surviving the perils that is up ahead of them, or you can help each other by teamwork essentially enough to get past from blockades and throw each other further to reach unreachable spots, and to actually make a Mushroom tower and even reach to places you may never reach with a Propeller suit, or hold on to someone with a special power and abuses his/her to survive for your own, everything in the game allows everyone to do almost what they want, and you should try the free and coin games as well...

Wii Remote
The game introduces also the very familiar functions of the Wii mote, by shaking, twisting and turning, and to lean it left or right, to make things go left or right as well, but you should watch who has control of the gadget that is currently required to tilt or rumble the mote, cause if you're doing it wrong, well let me just say that it was nice... hey, oh you're back with an extra life, well this game is really fair, and literally throwing extra lives in your face, so you should have the chance of trying everything at least twice or trice again.

Oh and if you fail 8 times in a row, there will be a Super Guide, appearing in front of you, wich allows Luigi to control himself over the course, and it could be good, but if you fail too much, how would you get all the big coins then?...

Do i really need this game?
It depends if you really are into the Mario series, it gave me the nostalgic feeling, of having tons and another ton of new and old stuff inserted in just one video game package... disc, and it makes me feel good that a new game like this, could actually be fun, even though old concepts might be overused sometimes, but not this game, so you shouldn't be mispleased by getting it once, playing it through once, and unlock everything... once... and then try it with a friend and just do it for timekilling, yes videogames doesn't have to be fun, you can just use the game to kill time otherwise, and i recommend it to the max of getting it...

[size=150]10/10[/size] This is the score i gave it, since i was so epicly satisfied with the multiplayer system, so i don't want to give it a too low score, but i don't care, it's Mario, i love him like i loved him 15 years ago as well, that's right folks, this plumber doesn't have any limits at all, so try out the game, before judging it...

In my own opinion, 10/10 is a pretty pessimistic score anyway... Wink / Flammie

I JUST NOTIFIED: That on the box (Picture above it says in the second Bold text near the end "...Enemies Killed" and it's supposed to be a childs game, yet they're using the world "killed" x)

2The New Super Mario Bros Wii Review! Empty Re: The New Super Mario Bros Wii Review! Tue Jan 05, 2010 9:12 pm

Michelle

Michelle
Admin

Nice review! You did a very good job writing it. I was pleased, and I agree with many of your points. I can't currently play this on my Wii (it doesn't play discs at the moment), but I played it at a friend's house and beat over half the game with him in half an hour. I can't wait to play this solo. It brought me plenty of laughs, and I had a lot of fun. It can be a challenge, but it's all worth it - the music, the graphics, the vibrant colors, the fun factor, everything. I love this game so much. It's one of my absolute favorite Wii games.

http://www.missmichellematthews.blogspot.com

3The New Super Mario Bros Wii Review! Empty Re: The New Super Mario Bros Wii Review! Wed Jan 06, 2010 12:01 am

★Mickey★

★Mickey★

I actually enjoyed this game. I think it would have been better with wifi, but Nintendo must have had their reasons. :/

4The New Super Mario Bros Wii Review! Empty Re: The New Super Mario Bros Wii Review! Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:30 am

Flammie

Flammie

I agree, this game is absolutely fun while playing more than 1 player Wink

5The New Super Mario Bros Wii Review! Empty Re: The New Super Mario Bros Wii Review! Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:31 pm

★Mickey★

★Mickey★

I passed the game with my little sister xD it's a good game i have to say.

6The New Super Mario Bros Wii Review! Empty Re: The New Super Mario Bros Wii Review! Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:59 pm

Fzerowii

Fzerowii

Good Review! I like multiplayer better

http://fzeroforums.forumsmotion.com/index.htm

7The New Super Mario Bros Wii Review! Empty Re: The New Super Mario Bros Wii Review! Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:02 pm

Michelle

Michelle
Admin

I haven't tried doing it solo yet.

8The New Super Mario Bros Wii Review! Empty Re: The New Super Mario Bros Wii Review! Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:12 pm

Fzerowii

Fzerowii

It's not as fun. It's still good, but I liked playing it with my sister better. Btw Michelle, is your wii fixed?

9The New Super Mario Bros Wii Review! Empty Re: The New Super Mario Bros Wii Review! Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:17 pm

Michelle

Michelle
Admin

I'm going to send it in this week or next.

10The New Super Mario Bros Wii Review! Empty Re: The New Super Mario Bros Wii Review! Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:05 pm

Tails the Demon Slayer

Tails the Demon Slayer

Love the game, Koopa kids SOLD ME.

11The New Super Mario Bros Wii Review! Empty Re: The New Super Mario Bros Wii Review! Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:11 pm

Michelle

Michelle
Admin

I love your display pic. Wink

12The New Super Mario Bros Wii Review! Empty Re: The New Super Mario Bros Wii Review! Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:12 pm

Tails the Demon Slayer

Tails the Demon Slayer

Airi FTW!

13The New Super Mario Bros Wii Review! Empty Re: The New Super Mario Bros Wii Review! Fri Jan 08, 2010 5:49 am

Flammie

Flammie

I havenb't played this game in a while myself, but it's for the reason to actually finish the other games i have first Wink

14The New Super Mario Bros Wii Review! Empty Re: The New Super Mario Bros Wii Review! Fri Jan 08, 2010 9:15 am

Michelle

Michelle
Admin

That's how I am, too.

15The New Super Mario Bros Wii Review! Empty Re: The New Super Mario Bros Wii Review! Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:02 pm

Flammie

Flammie

You people can also rate it if you want 5 out of 5, 94% of 100% etc Wink
I want to hear every opinion there is Wink

16The New Super Mario Bros Wii Review! Empty Re: The New Super Mario Bros Wii Review! Sat Jan 09, 2010 7:23 pm

Fzerowii

Fzerowii

Flammie wrote:You people can also rate it if you want 5 out of 5, 94% of 100% etc Wink
I want to hear every opinion there is Wink

I'd say 4/5, 80% ...

17The New Super Mario Bros Wii Review! Empty Re: The New Super Mario Bros Wii Review! Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:54 am

Flammie

Flammie

Thank you very much Wink

18The New Super Mario Bros Wii Review! Empty Re: The New Super Mario Bros Wii Review! Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:08 pm

Fzerowii

Fzerowii

No problem Razz↑↓→←

19The New Super Mario Bros Wii Review! Empty Re: The New Super Mario Bros Wii Review! Wed Jan 13, 2010 4:55 pm

Flammie

Flammie

Fzerowii wrote:No problem Razz↑↓→←

Your welcome, hope people will come back to this site soon :l

20The New Super Mario Bros Wii Review! Empty Re: The New Super Mario Bros Wii Review! Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:41 am

Michelle

Michelle
Admin

Seriously.

21The New Super Mario Bros Wii Review! Empty Re: The New Super Mario Bros Wii Review! Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:49 pm

Flammie

Flammie

I have to make more reviews, but i don't have any gooder games to review at the moment, maybe later perhaps Wink

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum